Thursday, June 9, 2011

Quick Update

I am sitting at my Mom's work waiting on her to finish her class so we can go to the Pink Heals, I thought I could do a quick update. The Pink Heals is a bunch of pink firemen that travel around the United States to bring cancer awareness to women. They have a big pink fire truck and everything! That's all I really know about them right now, I will be able to tell you more later.

My Dad is getting knee surgery today because he has two tears in his meniscus. It should be a pretty easy surgery. Since my Mom and I are going to the Pink Heals Carson is in charge of getting my Dad to the hospital and driving him home afterwards. I will let you know how that goes. :)

We all had a GREAT weekend!!! Carson's soccer team took gold in the Special Olympics in Cedar City, he was really excited about this. My Mom and Dad had fun getting away for the weekend and enjoyed watching Carson's team play soccer and I had a blast in Las Vegas! I got to go to a Goo Goo Dolls concert and was front and center and I also got to experience the Chippendale's, also front row!!! I haven't had such a fun weekend in a long time! None of us wanted the weekend to end, it went by way too fast!

Last night we had dinner with the mammogram tech who diagnosed my Mom's cancer. Her name is Loy and she is also a long time friend of my Mom. Remember, the cancer did not show on the mammogram. Loy just thought she felt a heaviness, so she talked the radiologist into ordering the ultrasound. My Mom is very thankful for Loy. Breast cancer survivors were given a free dinner last night at Texas Roadhouse along with the pink firemen. We had a good time.

My Mom seems to be feeling better everyday. This past weekend her eyelashes and eye brows fell out a long with a couple more finger nails. We thought she had held onto her eye lashes and eye brows but for some reason they couldn't hold on any longer. She is on her third week of radiation and has been tolerating it very well so far. Her lymphedema has flared up a little more because of the radiation and that seems to bother her. The radiation has also made her chest (scars) tighter. Her nueropathy has not gone away yet, I hope it will soon. Her legs and feet swell some and ache. She also has a hard time sleeping, she has always had a hard time sleeping but now it is even harder for her to sleep at night. But overall she really is doing better!!! Her hair is taking it's sweet time growing back, it's coming along just not very fast!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Christie! It is nice to get information since I am in China at the present. Hope your dad's knee surgery went well. Doug wants to see if he can go fishing soon. Take care,
    Teri and Doug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teri! I hope you are enjoying China. I'm sure my Dad would love to go fishing with Doug soon. Tell him to give my Dad a call!

    ReplyDelete