Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Relay for Life

My Mom has started feeling a little better! She says she can actually enjoy food again because she can taste it. Her bone pain has also gotten better. Her neuropathy still hasn’t started to diminish yet. This still bugs her the most. Her fingernails are still misshaped and colored, a couple of them have fallen off within the past week. My Mom didn’t have radiation yesterday because of the holiday so today was her first day of radiation this week. She will also miss Friday because we are going to Cedar City to watch Carson play soccer in the Special Olympics. She hasn’t had too bad of side effects from the radiation yet. She feels more tired but so far nothing she can’t handle. She still has about six more weeks of radiation! My Mom has also started wearing wigs! She says she finally feels good enough she can wear them all day. She had a hard time wearing a wig all day when she didn’t feel good, a wig was just too much.

We have a fun weekend ahead of us! My Mom and Dad are going to Cedar City on Thursday to watch Carson play in the Special Olympics. My friend Shayla and I are going to follow my parents to Cedar City on Thursday and spend the night with them and then on Friday Shayla and I are going the rest of the way to Las Vegas! I feel like this is going to be a much needed vacation for us all. It will be nice to get away for a little while and try to relax. This also might be a little difficult for me because I haven’t wanted to leave my Mom’s side lately. I am a Momma’s girl for sure!!

My Mom and I have signed up for Relay for Life on July 8th in Smithfield. We are excited for this. If any of you want to join our team and you will be in town July 8th you are welcome to! We are on the Budge OB/GYN team, this is where my Mom works part time. If you can’t join and still want to help out you can donate money to our team or to my Mom’s name, who is a participant. All of the donations go to the American Cancer Society in helping to create a world with less cancer! Just click on the link below and you can join our team or donate. Thank you!

http://relay.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11GW?fr_id=30492&pg=entry

No comments:

Post a Comment