Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thankful

'Tis the season.... to get sick! YUCK! My Mom was sick last Friday with a stomach virus and got sick again last night!! Poor thing! She has a fever and everything else that goes along with a stomach virus. Hopefully she will start feeling better soon!

We had a great holiday week! We all got a break from work and school, it was nice. Since all of our family is in Oklahoma, some of our family friends, the Olson's, invited us to eat with them on Thanksgiving. It was a good time! The Olson's have always been really good friends to us, my family is very thankful for them.

Even though this was a very hard year for my Family and I, there is still SO much to be thankful for.

"Be thankful for your trials. If you are being tested, you are being perfected. Which means you have a divine purpose and reason to rejoice!"

I saw this quote the other day and it made me smile. Even though this was probably the hardest year of my life, I am still thankful for so many things. I am thankful for God. I am thankful for my family and my friends. I am thankful for the advances in medicine and every single one of the doctor's and nurses that took care of my Mom.  I could go on and on...

Even though this year sucked, I have learned so much. I have met so many people, and learned a lot from these people. We are not invincible, we are only human. The other day I made an appointment with my advisor at Utah State since I hadn't met with her for a while, when I walked in her office I immediately noticed all of the pink ribbons. I have been in her office before (not this year), and have never noticed all of the pink ribbons. She has been battling breast cancer for 12 years. She goes to the Huntsman for weekly treatments. This leads me to another quote...

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."  -Plato

We never know what trials others are going through, this is why we should be kind to everyone we meet.

I have one more thing to share with you... It is a music video by Martina McBride. I am sure a lot of you have heard the song and maybe seen the video, watch it again. It's a good one.







No comments:

Post a Comment